The Human Resources/Recruiting Assistant provides clerical/administrative support to human resources department, assisting and participating in human resources and recruitment activities. May perform receptionist duties.
· Makes photocopies, faxes documents, sorts and distributes mail, scans documents and performs other clerical functions. Promptly and professionally receives calls and inquiries and directs and/or records messages.
· Assists in the administration of recruitment activities, including: advertising (e.g., advertisements in publications, job postings), scheduling interviews, career fair coordination, conducting reference checks, and on-boarding process for new hires (e.g., new hire paperwork processing, offer letter preparation). At the direction of management, coordinates and participates in new hire orientation presentations and processes.
· Assists with the administration of the Recruitment Management System, including data entry and periodic reports. Produces Human Resources metrics reports from HRIS.
· Provides administrative assistance with special projects, including maintenance of employee self-service documents and generation of human resources reports. Coordinates human resources meeting events, as needed.
· Creates and maintains files of personnel information; removes data from files on a time sensitive schedule.
· May maintain attendance database and prepare attendance-related discipline notices.
· Ability to maintain complete confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of the position
· Assists with benefits administration, generating benefits enrollment forms and processing employee selections.
· Looks for opportunity to get employees involved in safety, environmental, process changes and overall improvement efforts.
· To follow all EHS guidelines and applicable procedures.
· Report any unsafe conditions or incidents in a timely manner to their supervisor or any member of management.