Manchester Tank has a proud heritage of hard working people, who for over 75 years have manufactured high quality products for our country and the world. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass is provided as a personal guide to help team members navigate through situations they encounter daily at work. All team members are expected to know these principles, values, and behaviors. The McWane/Manchester Way ensures higher levels of safety and environmental performance in all our operations. It also improves communication, relationships, and work performance at all levels of our organization. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass includes eight core principles to guide our team members: Communication, Safety, Environment, Leadership, Trust, Excellence, Accountability, and Teamwork.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self-available to staff
• Provides regular performance feedback
• Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Computer Skills
Must be proficient in basic computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must pass Manchester Tank's lockout/tagout certification requirements.
May be required to pass Manchester Tank's forklift certification requirements.
May be required to pass Manchester Tank's weld certification.
• Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.