Manchester Tank has a proud heritage of hard working people, who for over 75 years have manufactured high quality products for our country and the world. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass is provided as a personal guide to help team members navigate through situations they encounter daily at work. All team members are expected to know these principles, values, and behaviors. The McWane/Manchester Way ensures higher levels of safety and environmental performance in all our operations. It also improves communication, relationships, and work performance at all levels of our organization. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass includes eight core principles to guide our team members: Communication, Safety, Environment, Leadership, Trust, Excellence, Accountability, and Teamwork.
The Welder is responsible for the set-up and operation of welding equipment. The employee must also monitor the process and quality of the product and make necessary corrections to the process in order to maintain a steady flow of quality product to the customer.
• Reads prints and locates piece parts.
• Sets up operational parameters on the machine and monitor. Make corrections as needed.
• Positions, aligns, and fits components together.
• Welds fabricated, cast and stamped components to assemble tanks and pressure vessels.
• Completes first article inspection before starting run.
• Monitor the product quality using required gages and inspection criteria.
• Operation of lifting devices as needed.Looks for opportunity to get involved in safety, environmental, process changes and overall improvement efforts.
• Follows all EHS guidelines and applicable procedures.
• Read, understand and follow the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and EHS Work Instructions.
• Report any unsafe conditions or incidents in a timely manner to their supervisor or any member of management.
• Shut down process if unsafe.
• Follow proper machine shutdown procedures.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Must be dependable and self-motivated.
2. Must possess good communication skills.
3. Be able to contribute to and support the existence of a positive work environment.
4. Have the ability to pay attention to the operations of the machinery.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must attend, complete, and implement required in-house training.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, tape measures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situation
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must pass Manchester Tank & Equipment’s weld certification requirements. Must pass onsite weld test 2G, 3G, and 4G.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to stand.
• Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects. Objects over 50 pounds will require the assistance of other staff or mechanical devices.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Be willing to work overtime when required at times due to production demands and availability of material.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. There is a fairly high noise level throughout the plant and hearing protection must be worn at all times during production. Wearing of other proper protective equipment including metatarsal safety shoes and eye protection is required at all times during production.