Manchester Tank has a proud heritage of hard working people, who for over 75 years have manufactured high quality products for our country and the world. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass is provided as a personal guide to help team members navigate through situations they encounter daily at work. All team members are expected to know these principles, values, and behaviors. The McWane/Manchester Way ensures higher levels of safety and environmental performance in all our operations. It also improves communication, relationships, and work performance at all levels of our organization. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass includes eight core principles to guide our team members: Communication, Safety, Environment, Leadership, Trust, Excellence, Accountability, and Teamwork.
Manage the operating of all types of machines and also work to ensure that they are well
▪ Reads and interprets blueprints, tape measures, schedules, or product specifications to
determine sequence and methods of fabricating.
▪ Sets up and operates fabricating machines according to the specifications.
▪ Work to adjust and operate speed and control the load of the machines.
▪ Monitor the finished products obtained to ensure the quality conforms to the specifications.
▪ Monitor the working of the machine and report the need of improvement, defects or
▪ Operation of lifting devices as needed.
▪ Looks for opportunity to get involved in safety, environmental, process changes and overall
▪ Follows all EHS guidelines and applicable procedures.
▪ Read, understand and follow the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and EHS Work Instructions.
▪ Report any unsafe conditions or incidents in a timely manner to their supervisor or any member
▪ Shut down process if unsafe.
▪ Follow proper machine shutdown procedures.
▪ Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. There is a fairly high noise level throughout the plant and hearing protection must be worn at
all times during production. Wearing of other proper protective equipment including metatarsal
safety shoes and eye protection is required at all times during production.